Sherry A. Kellett, CPA
Retired, former Corporate Controller, BB&T Corporation
Sherry A. Kellett has more than 30 years of experience in accounting and financial reporting in the banking industry. She retired from BB&T Corporation in 2003, after serving as its Corporate Controller since 1995. Kellett was the Corporate Controller for Southern National Corporation from 1991 to 1995, when it merged with BB&T. Prior to joining Southern National Corporation in 1984, Kellett held several positions at Arthur Andersen & Co. including Audit Manager. There she served on multiple audit engagements of banks and bank holding companies, both public and private.
- Chair, Audit Committee
- Compensation Committee
- Independent Directors Committee
- Board of Directors, Chair of Audit Committee, Highwoods Properties, Inc.
- Board of Directors, Audit Committee, Compensation Committee, and Corporate Governance Committee, Medical Properties Trust, Inc.
- Member, North Carolina Association of Certified Public Accountants
- North Carolina Chapter, Daughters of the American Revolution
- Former Board Member, North Carolina School of the Arts Foundation
- Former Board Member, Senior Services, Inc.
- Former Board Member, The Winston-Salem Foundation
- Former Board Member, President, Treasurer, and Secretary, Piedmont Kiwanis Club
- Former Board Member, The Little Theatre of Winston-Salem
- Former Member, American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Certified Public Accountant
- Bachelor of Science in Chemistry, magna cum laude, Duke University